Thursday, April 19, 2012

somebody asked me to pray

Funny how that makes my heart jump.  It's such an honor that someone would actually ask me to pray for them and with them.

Prayer is such an intimate act; I consider it spiritual lovemaking.  If you have ever prayed in the Spirit, you can feel the energy fill the room as the Divine takes away every breath.  There have been times when my knees want to give way.  It is just awesome.

But I wonder if they knew what I am thinking about the church if they would even ask me to pray....I wonder if they knew that I really am questioning many of our fundamental beliefs if they would even allow me in the same room with them.

I hide nothing and yet, I feel I am hiding everything because if I were to tell it as I see it then I fear I would be banished from their circles.

Somebody asked me to pray and in so doing I revealed my very intimate and honest connection with God.

Is a connection to God enough?    

No comments:

Post a Comment