Monday, April 16, 2012

shame on me

I was introduced to shame at a very young age.  My mother was the first to introduce me. Whenever she was displeased she used to point at me with one hand and strike her fingers together toward me saying, 'Shame, shame, shame.'  Then she ignored me.  It didn't take long to learn how bad I was. 

Then I was ashamed because of the attention I got from men.  Somehow it was my fault.

Then I was ashamed for all the mean things I did to people.

Then I was just ashamed. 

But even that shit is nailed to the cross:
I'm forgiven because you were forsaken
I'm accepted, you were condemned
I'm alive and well
Your spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again

Amazing love, how can it be?
That you, my king. would die for me
Amazing love, I know it's true
Its my joy to honor you

Thank you, Jesus.

 

1 comment: