Wednesday, May 16, 2012

looking ahead

I shared my story with a group of women this past weekend.  It was a humbling and very exciting experience. I think God is up to something because I am sensing that feeling of preparation again.  I know he is leading me and will bring to pass whatever is planned for me.  I just know it will be something, perhaps something big....?

I had a conversation with a couple of key people from our mission and the prospects of what my role could be when we leave in August to serve overseas. Our church partners are requesting from our mission education, empowerment, and encouragement for their women.  They want to address menstruation taboos that are impeding the education of girls and other pertinent issues that are impacting their women from moving ahead.  I will be there in a position to serve them.  But I have to wonder, could it be for me to speak out on women's issues on a broader, potentially national scale? Perhaps all this interest and exposure to gender issues is for such a time as this. 


"Aslan is on the move." 

No comments:

Post a Comment